Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Jan. 11, 2015 --- First Full Week of 2015! Woot!!‏

Hi family!!!  How is this New Year going so far??  I can believe it's 2015 already!  Remember how the world was supposed to end in 2012 haha yeah right.  How was your birthday dad?  Ah you're so old!! ;) 

Sorry this week's email will be so short!!!  But this week was a pretty typical week.  We taught lots of lessons, I tried to speak lots of Tagalog, and it's been super nice weather this week.  But i do miss the snow a little bit...hopefully Utah isn't too cold!  

We had FHE this week was with the Yambao's...It's a bunch of sisters and brothers who live right next to each other so there were lots of the cutest kids, we had lots of fun!!  While we were walking between lessons, we found a family who was baptized, went to church for two years, and have been inactive the past ten years.  I'm excited to teach them but it's sometimes really exhausting because the talk so fast!  I was trying really, really hard to listen to the husband and the wife while they were talking...and it put me straight to sleep.  I think I was asleep for only 7 seconds but I woke up and they were both looking at me so concerned, asking me why I was so tired haha whoopsies!  We've been meeting so many new people that I am so excited to really start teaching.  One woman, we had talked to for maybe five minutes on the street, and when we went back a couple of days later, she was with all of her friends.  She told us that she had read the pamphlet and she had us sit and share about the gospel with all of her friends.  The people here are so AMAZING.  I love it!  

We've had some people who have dropped the lessons.  The hardest one for me was the woman who told Sister Bautista she only wanted to learn because she wants me to give her money...ah being American here can be so fun (like when I say hi to little kids and they all just giggle and laugh haha it's so cute), but when it comes to people thinking I have money spilling out of my pockets it is so frustrating to stand out so much.  However, we have a lot of really great investigators.  One of them, he is basically Bruce Lee (and even watches Bruce Lee movies to know how to work out, walk, Kung Fu, etc.), needed to get work off on Sunday so he rode his bike to his co-workers house (from Guagua to Dinalupihan is almost as far as driving from Logan, UT to Preston, ID) to ask if they could switch shifts.  Well his co-worker wasn't even home, but luckily he found her somewhere and they were able to switch shifts.  His dedication is awesome!!

I absolutely love having the gospel in my life and being able to share it with everyone.  It's amazing to see and hear about the transformations that have happened in people's lives because of the gospel.

Well I love you all and hope 2015 has already been the BEST YEAR EVER!!

Love,
Sister Marshall


Random fact about Guagua/Philippines:  The number one restaurant here is Jollibee...which is such a random mix of everything.  McDonald's, KFC, Fizzoli's, Panda Express....I don't know what it's like, the have fried chicken, hamburgers, fries, spaghetti, ice cream, and rice with EVERYTHING!  

The some of the Yambao families.  The baby powder was for everyone that lost, the kids pointed out that I wouldn't even need it though so when I lost they put lots on my face...hahha still can't see it!

This is how a family fits on a bike....but usually there's also a baby standing between the dad and mom.  Crazy fun!!

A picture from the inside of a tricycle...they are so fun!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment