Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nov, 15 2014 --- P-DAY, B-DAY!!! Holla!!‏

So this week has been so hard, and good, and funny, and sad!  It's a melting pots of emotions.

On Monday and Tuesday some elders went home right before they were about to head out to the Philippines.  It was hard on the whole Zone because they are great people and would be absolutely amazing missionaries.  I really hope they decide to come back.  Saying goodbye to the districts that left was so sad because they are so much fun!  But we got two more districts which is super fun!  There's an elder from the Marshall Islands and he thinks I'm the coolest because my last name is Marshall...thanks dad!  

On Sundays we have church as a Zone and they just randomly assign two missionaries to give talks.  Brother Donahoo (2nd counselor of the Branch Presidency) walks up to my companions and I and start just talking to my companions, so I thought I got out of that one...until President Howard came up to me...in the end, none of us had to give talks but my companions are Music Coordinators (which is perfect for them because they are both beautiful singers and love to sing!  Not to mention Sister Petersen is incredible talented at playing the cello plus she can piano and the violin) and I've been called as a Sister Training Leader so that should be exciting and hopefully I can be a comfort to the sisters...AH!

So here's the list of funny things that have happened this week...
- Sully from Monsters Inc. talked to us in church on Sunday about having faith in Jesus Christ.  Okay just kidding, it was really Brother Christofferson (1st counselor in our Branch Presidency) but he sounds just like Sully!!  It was the funniest thing!!
- Accidentally flashed some Elders...My companions and I were walking to class with a couple elders from our zone and I was holding the door open.  I felt a breeze (ooh it's it my knees...remember that cheer?) and looked down realized my skirt was in the air!!!!!  Haha it was okay though because I had a slip on so they just saw that...WHEW!
- During gym time an elder gave me a high five so hard that my palm is still bruised...he thinks it's just make-up on my hand because the bruise is so big but it's a real bruise!
- In Tagalog, "ako rin" means "me too."  While we were in language study Sister Petersen said that she'd heard our teacher teaching the elders that "ako tsaka (pronounced chaka)" also means "me too"  but Sister Petersen wanted to know what the difference is so I looked it up for her..."tsaka" means "ugly girl" so in the Philippines, whenever the elders want to say "me too" they'll end up saying "I'm an ugly girl" hahaha we almost died laughing!!!!!!!

- During dinner last night I overheard one of the new elders talking to an elder who's been here for a while...the conversation went like this "Elder does it get harder to not flirt with the sisters here?"  "No Elder it never does.  You just have to lock your heart up."  Hahahahahah these elders!!
I think one of the hardest parts of this week were our lessons.  They.  Were.  AWFUL!  As in so bad a sister told us she wasn't interested.  We were all so frustrated with that lesson especially because we felt as if we'd planned and prepared efficiently.  So on Thursday night we had a companionship inventory, to try and figure out what we needed to change.  We readjusted our plans for companion study and lesson planning, put our new plan to use yesterday, and that lesson went AMAZING!  It was so good seeing how the things that are going well aren't just a lost cause and they can be readjusted to be something great!

Everyone around me has been breaking down with homesickness and struggling like crazy with the language and crying! No worries, I still haven't cried yet...I guess I'm just still super heartless haha maybe one day I'll cry! ;)

Another hard part is the language!  WOW!!!  After being here only two weeks I am seriously appreciating Ryan + Melissa's examples of learning a language and finishing their missions strong the whole way through.  It is so hard but so good!!

Cool thing happening next week:  On November 18, President Henry B. Eyring will be at the Vatican speaking with over 10 other Catholic and Christian leaders speaking about the importance of marriage between a man and woman.  L. Tom Perry and the presiding bishop will be with him as well but I don't know if they're speaking.  I think that this is so cool!!  The Catholic church is having a Mormon speak at the Vatican!!!!  I love seeing the way that different religions can find a common belief and fight for it!

My birthday has been great so far!!  On P-Day's, President Howard has us wake up at 6:30, say our companionship prayers, and then let's us sleep in after that.  Then when I woke up after sleeping in, the sisters in my district had blown up a bunch of balloons and wrote the sweetest notes to me.  They are great!!  I just got a note that I have a package waiting for me in the mail room...I assume it's a birthday box...thank you for it!!!!

Mahal ko kayo,

Sister Marshall


This is Kate Simpson - she right lived below me at Pine View and is on her way to Paris, France!





No comments:

Post a Comment